Thursday 16 December 2010

CA8.1 Using New Technology

This activity requires the learner to practice gaining evidence which supports the technology-related competency requirement for the end of course assessment criteria.

Although I managed to produce a podcast in PodBean for a single H807 task back in Apr this year unfortunately I never found the time to revisit this popular technology until now. Last time I used some random audio recorder to record the audio file but this time I made the effort to download and try Audacity which to my surprise was fairly easy to use the basic functions. I made a fairly lame attempt to top and tail my spoken piece with a short sound track which probably could do with being cleaned up or imported to Audacity rather than being played on speakers and recorded through my microphone. Time permitting I would like to discover the mixing and editing facilities this new piece of software offers but for now I pleased to have produced the following podcast.

Although my subject matter and content of the podcast could have been a little more interesting my first attempt to broadcast a podcast on H808 will hopefully not be my last.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I like your discussion about Sync.in. My students are independent users of this tool, ages 9, 10 and 11. They are able to create a wiki straight away as soon as they have chosen their working groups. They work on the wiki easily and use it for their homework. It is a super easy and valuable tool in my toolbox.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley,
    Thansk for taking the time to comment. You are absolutely right the tool so simple to use and great for online work. Do you know how long the data in the wiki lasts? For example do Sync.in recoupe the file space after so many months or years?
    Regards
    Mark

    ReplyDelete