Sunday 14 November 2010

TMA01 Results – Does good feedback give you lift?

Despite the last minute rush I made to construct my reflection the doubts I had about submitting my first assignment for H808 have now completely disappeared. I am very pleased having achieved 73% and received the overall comments that I had produced a well-balanced essay with numerous discussion points for and against, ending with sound conclusions. The feedback was very constructive and positive which has helped to build my confidence to write meaningful post graduate material. Although I am not comfortable being a last minute person in this case I was lucky that the lack of time enabled me to be more task focused leading to identifying and ticking the right boxes for the marking criteria. I must get a head and plan TMA02 early by developing a structure and division of word count into the appropriate sub sections before tackling each area.

This week has been an academic high for me with TMA01 in the bag I also found out that the OU have accepted my credit transfer of 60 MCATs towards MAODE. To top the week off I also received feedback from my latest master’s assignment in Consultancy with the University of Portsmouth. These guys are extremely hard markers in comparison to the OU so I am extremely pleased to get 75% for this module and find myself another step closer to an MSc in Training Management and Consultancy.

The negative dip I felt a few weeks ago has diminished (well may until the next roller coaster ride). I am now looking forward to getting the most out of the collaborative activities with my fellow group members in the next two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Just catching up. I'm happy with 66% on TMA01 having decide not to chase 80% which was counter productive in H807 as it got close or collapsed. i.e.steady on the helm. Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete